Saturday, July 18, 2009

Facebook

I have created an account on Facebook. I had to use my real name. I have to say this made me a bit nervous; I've been around the internet enough times to know there are some very unpleasant people out there. However, when I realized I could hide my profile so that only people I'd friended could see it, I felt a bit better. I did not have any trouble with IT restrictions in setting up the website, but I carefully blogged that this account was set up for the North Texas 23 exercise, anyway.

Since Facebook is set up for individuals, rather than for places, I would not be able to use this application to promote the library. However, I've got the blog for that. I think Facebook might be an effective way of keeping up with professional colleagues.

I have successfully uploaded a profile picture of myself and I've created two posts on the wall - one links to the ALA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment