Monday, July 20, 2009

More Facebook

Today I got down to the meaty part of the exercise - finding Friends. Previously, I had created content by adding a comment and then posting a link to ALA. Today, I asked about 10 people, mostly co-workers, to friend me. It's amazing how fast this can work - I had two people add me within half an hour! And I've already responded to one comic picture sent by one of them.

Tuesday - By morning I had seven friends. I commented on a few walls, and one of my cohorts gave me a cute idea: Make a post asking people to recall a memory of the two of you together. It's a way to spark conversation. I took a few quizzes, and learned, among other things, that I am a cross between Mrs. Frizzle and Hermione Granger. Then I decided I was having WAY too much fun with this. It could get downright addicting! Much nicer than Myspace! I very much prefer knowing the people I talk to! I also became a fan of the Log Cabin Village, the Kimbell Art Museum, and the Smithsonian. I like the intellectual level of the messages I am receiving. This could end up being very educational. I really need to apply some of this at home when I have time to be more frivolous with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment