Saturday, August 8, 2009

Libworm, updated

I looked at libworm a little bit at home last night, since I am still completely unable to access it from work. I tried using a search term - "story time" and "story telling" to see what came up. I got some nice articles on story time programs being advertised for Summer Reading Club at various places around the nation and quite a number of articles about different books. Then I tried searching through the categories, settling on "humor" as the topic that most appealed to me at the moment, and ran into a blog that had me in stitches called "A Librarian's Guide to Ettiquette." Among the pearls of wisdom:

Labeling a shelf the "popular" reading shelf does not make it popular.
It is never appropriate to come to work in a Star Trek uniform.

I noticed that libworm also has places where library jobs may be researched, although I did not explore that last night. This looks like it might be quite an interesting work tool. Too bad I can't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment